Weybourne House was built in 1897 and was used as a Roman Catholic girls’ school.
In about 1937, this large detached building became Weybourne School and Children’s Guest House.
The masons purchased the house in 1948 for use as a lodge.
Prior to this, Masonic lodges and chapters meeting in Guildford had no permanent or satisfactory meeting place that they could call their own.
Local hotels, inns, halls and restaurants were all used.
Among these were the Lion Hotel, Angel Hotel, Castle Inn, the Borough Halls, Holy Trinity Hall, Ward Street Hall, Constitutional Hall, Brett’s and Abbot’s Kitchen restaurant, most of which no longer exist.
In 2004-5, the current meeting place for freemasons, known as the South West Surrey Masonic Centre, was built and Weybourne House was converted into high-quality masionettes. It is now known as Willow Reach.